Tuesday, January 29, 2008

About Hyderabad

I’m sitting on the eight floor of the Taj Krishna Hotel in Hyderabad, and what I see is this:

India welcomed us with warm and semi dry weather, noisy streets, blue skies, and mouth watering biryani.


We have been here for a week and already have some important things settled. We have decided on a car, a Toyota Sienna, and a house about 25 minutes away from downtown.


The house we got is small for Indian standards, and huge for our standards. We have 4 bedrooms, 2 TV rooms, a dinning room, a nice big kitchen, 5 bathrooms, maid’s quarters, a small patio, two balconies, and a huge terrace on the third floor. It’s the largest house I’ve ever lived in, and I wonder what I am going to do to make it look like ours, our home, even for the 12+ months we’ll be here.


Besides taking care of our transportation and living arrangements we also spent a few days having a well deserved vacation since our last days in Buffalo were pretty busy and stressful.


Most of what we’ve done can be summarized in sleeping long hours, waking up just in time for breakfast (which is over at 11 am), frolicking at our room or at the pool, daring to cross the streets to go to the shopping mall, and watching Indian music videos.


Right now I’m using my spare time to find a job, to read light novels, and to take photos with my new Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi --- yes, after years of thinking about it, I finally got it!!! :)

Here’s a photo of my new baby:



And here’s a photo shot with my new baby:

Me is happy :)