Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

January 1, 2008. Wow. This decade has gone by so fast. So many things have happened. So much joy. So much sadness. Overall I am happy, though. I feel just fine, and I hope you do too.

For us, this year brings adventures. Adventures in Asia, since we’re moving to India in three weeks. OMG, just three weeks. In three weeks I’ll be away, far from my brother, from my mom and dad, from my friends, my job, the things that have become so familiar.

It’s ironic that after wishing to leave Buffalo for so long, now that we have the chance to leave I feel I’ll miss it so much … and then again, I know I won’t miss this place at all.

I’ll miss my brother, who will stay here for school. He’s my best friend, my partner in crime, my counselor, and I’ll terribly miss having him around, but I know this is for our own good, to go and live in a new place, to open new doors for both of us, for the three of us.

I’ll be gone for a year but I won’t be totally gone. I’ll be just a phone call, an e-mail away. I just hope everything is all right while I’m away. I hope things run smoothly. I hope my loved ones are happy, healthy, successful. I hope everything turns out all right.

May all this come true.

Happy New Year.

No comments: