Saturday, May 02, 2009

Untitled I

My dear friend Bijal is getting married today, and we’re not going to make it to the wedding. This is quite usual for us. We’re never there. We’ve missed all major events in our friend’s lives for the past 8 years, and it sucks.

I’m bummed.

I’m bummed because I really want to be there. Just as much as I wanted to be at Malu’s wedding last year (which I didn’t go to either).

I don’t know … maybe this lifestyle is just making us miss so much. Is it really worth it?
We move all the time, make new friends, have these fantastic relationships with people, and then we go away to start yet again somewhere else. So much work building friendships, and then distance keeps us away from our close friends.

Deep inside I know it is worth it. I love my life and I wouldn’t change it for anything. To be away is the price we have to pay to travel and move around, which is something I always wanted to do since I was a child. This life is the life I always dreamed of having… it’s just that I never thought about downsides like this.

Oh well …

2 comments:

me, the drama queen said...

es la vida del gitano.... mientras mas viejo se pone uno mas dificil se va haciendo! pero llegara un momento que se tendran que establecer... ya llegara

Cinnamon said...

Ojala que no sea sino en un bueeeeen rato, por que si bien a veces me quejo, yo si que disfruto mucho esto de ser una saltinbanqui.