Thursday, April 30, 2009

To bury or not to bury ...

--Doorbell Rings--

M (opening the door): Hi J! Welcome back!

J (standing by the doorway): Hi Magu! I was just coming by to bring you a present for taking care of the bunnies while we were away.

M (checking out the contents of the bag): oh thank you, you shouldn’t have! Especially since you came back to find 2 bunnies instead of 3! How is N taking it?

J (looking a bit sad): Well, she’s OK. We just told her about it a few days ago and she’s taken it alright. I actually wanted to ask you where you buried the bunny because N would like to say goodbye to Custard.

M (!!!): eh… I didn’t bury it.

J (looking confused): uh? Then what …?

M (being –maybe– too brutally honest): Bunny went straight to the trash.

J (looking upset): oh …

M (starting to look guilty and terrified): I’m sorry! I didn’t imagine you’d want me to bury the bunny! And the trash man was just passing by so I threw it in the basket and that ... was the end of it … :(

J (looking progressively sadder): oh … well, yeah I figured something like that might have happened … I just thought ... I just thought that maybe you would have buried Custard ... b-b-but I guess that’s alright …

M (feeling guilty, yet confused – rabbits are rodents, she knows that, right? Right?): Gee, I’m so sorry. I can make a fake tomb to show N if you like! (see? That’s called ‘quick thinking’; make something up to make the child happy, no big deal!)

J (evidently not liking the idea): … No, no, that’s ok … I’ll figure something out …

M (oops): J, I am so sorry!

J (pissed): … Yeah well, I gotta run now. Bye.

M (thinking “I’m never babysitting bunnies ever again!” as I see her hurry out of my house): ... soooooooorrry!!!!

… ok

… bye!

 

Y es que quien se va a imaginar que querían que entierre al conejo????

muahahaha....

5 comments:

Nadia said...

nosotros teníamos una chinchilla, aún más delicados que los conejos! se murió lo botamos a la basura pero sí hicimos una ceremonia de "entierro" en el jardín para que el Bernardo tenga dónde llorarla!!! jajajjaja pobre Magus!!! qué incómodo ese momento!!

Gringuita Quiteña said...

jajaja chuta.....bueno mi mama tenia un pajarito del que me encarinie mucho cada que fui a visitarla, y cuando murio me dijo que lo boto a la basura.... :(
Si me dio pena.....

Sebastian said...

I'm certainly no animal expert, but I don't think they are rodents. What difference does it make, the poor sucker is dead already.

me, the drama queen said...

JAJJAJAJA pobre magu.... era de que le lleves al cementerio de animales...capaz y hasta revivia como en la pelicula juas

Retaining Wall Contractor Pompano Beach said...

Thank youu